A guns provenance can sometimes be so hard to believe in fact you can even say it cant all be true. One of my guns was made for as someone has said already said one of the Brit gentry but what a man and what a life he had. Starting with a feud over a horse with a Marquis, the horse in question then won the Epsom Derby with odds of 10000 to 15 wiping out a large number of bookmakers the said Marquis ran off with his fiance causing a massive scandal. The Marques bet against the horse wining which financially broke him, King Edward the V11 was a close friend of the guns owner and after things quietened down on a recommendation of the King he became a politician MP and then the first Brit minister of Agriculture, gambled and purchased horses as if his life depended on it which in the end caused him to sell of the family estate.
If I told you his name you would say who!!!!! And the book telling part of the story was a top seller every where but here in the UK so I think the story may add a pound or two to the guns selling price but you can never tell.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!