Hi King, In my opinion Canada is experiencing better governance under this minority Government than it has in the past 10 years with majority governments. I don't believe that the Canadian populace have the appetite for a Federal Election. There is no wedge issue in evidence that the Parties can use as a substantial election plank. Hence I expect that we will have the current minority government for some time to come ( 6 months or more ). The rescinding of the long gun registry wouldn't win Harper any political points which he doesn't already have and may cost him some hence there will not be any major change in the policy. If we had a majority Conservative Government they would rescind the long gun registry and show how financial and other waste associated with the lgr could be countered with upholding of stronger sentencing for violent offenses etc.. Harper will pay special heed to the mood of the electorate as to the timing of an election - I don't think it is near but then I have been wrong before as I thought we would see and election in May but I no longer beleive it.