Originally Posted By: eightbore
I see no reason for chrome bores unless the barrel maker charges less for them. As far as no tox requirements, guys who shoot five figure guns don't shoot steel, they shoot no tox that is perfectly compatible with old guns and soft barrels.

I don't have much stake in this here project, BUT my $.02...there are various bills before various state legislatures to ban lead shot altogether (including at firing ranges)--there's one in VT right now. The validity of such a measure is another topic altogether, but this threat is looming on the horizon and it is not out of the realm of possibility that a significant number of us will be shooting no-tox for EVERYTHING in the not too distant future...I know I for one have no problem shelling out $2 a shell for bismuth when hunting, but when you consider the affect that would have on the price of a day on the clays range, the affect could be dramatic for a lot of people--so steel or another hard shot material might start to look more and more interesting to a lot of people.