In light of the 'Fingers' thread, I thought I'd go ahead and share this disaster.

A Remington 1894 A grade with 'Oxford 2 S.J.' which was being shot only for the second time. The owner shot Gun Club reloads using a MEC 9000. The event occurred on shooting the incomer at Skeet station 7. Bystanders heard an abnormally loud report and actually came to investigate. A physician and PA were in the squad and provided immediate First Aid. Fortunately, the forearm is healing well and without apparent sequelae.

I will be receiving the piece and barrel this week for a post-mortum with careful measurements of wall thicknesses of the remains. Another piece has not been located. The owner quite understandably declined to allow the right barrel to be subjected to destructive testing.
Only two shells remain in the box, and the owner intends to open and weigh the powder in the remaining shells from that reloading session for another possible double charge.
I will post more high resolution ultra-close up images, but several fractures are apparent and they do NOT appear to follow a ribband weld line.
I very much appreciate the opportunity to evaluate the barrels and might send them for MagnaFlux testing. If I had a spare $500 I would ask H.P. White to proof the right barrel.
I am NOT a metallurgist so any other recommendations for testing are most welcome! Is there a way to determine if the wall discoloration is rust/oxidation?