Originally Posted By: PA24

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
The disinformation in this thread really does our American made Remington's reputation good. Now let's see some pics of those hallowed manure fork Brit guns that get blown to hell.

Yup, film at 11:00.......

Most educated people I know would have called and got all the facts correct first, knowing they have contact information, or have access to contact information, for the shooter or witnesses, before posting all this misinformation, just my opinion.......Takes all kinds to make a world though......

Care to elaborate on that statement? The OP offered no "disinformation", only the picture and basic facts. Others offered conjecture based on their own observation of the image at hand. As such, I'm going to assume J.R.B. has inadvertently misapplied his terminology by suggesting that someone was deliberately spreading false or misleading information for some manipulative reason. That, or he just doesn't know what the word means.

The new information was gained regarding the rust on the barrel only after other people observed the discoloration. There was a debate about the presence of the rust and a possible causal relationship, until finally a plausible alternate hypothesis was proposed. This led the OP to seek the further information which, for the time being, appears to at least partially debunk the notion that the barrel failure occurred as a result of some inherent flaw with old, damascus barrels. I'm neither sure how that outcome is a detriment to anything Remington, nor aware of how a more educated person would have proceeded differently. I would even say the collective conversation which has taken place has been helpful and informative, unlike the previous two posts which were only offered with the benefit of a little hindsight and certain malice.