I purchased a 20g. Charles Daly Semi Auto (gas)youth gun in black with 20 or 22" barrels and changeable chokes (it uses
Remington chokes). It weighs 5 1/4 lbs. I purchased it for my late wife who found the weight of other guns to be too much for her to handle well. I loaded light 7/8 loads and she shot it well. I have since used the gun to introduce several women to shotgun shooting and it has worked well for them. Recently, my grandson, who is short and slim for his age successfully used that gun to pass his hunting test here in NJ. He is ten. It is now his gun and he shoots it well hitting crossing targets. Some youths are big and strong and some not. The light weight and reduced recoil of a semi is what I was after. For my grandson, I started with 3/4 ounce loads loading only one at a time.

The Charles Daly may not last as long as a Remington 1100 but I bought it new for around $300 and it has served well with no problems. I am sure if it was still mine, when I no longer needed it I could have gotten more than half my initial investment back so I am happy I bought it for this particular purpose.

So many guns, so little time!