Originally Posted By: eightbore
I just give the shank a little bump and put the stock on to try for fit. If it isn't in position yet, I give it another bump. I don't need to abuse my fellow posters to get that done. Crazy or abusive people have no place on this site. We are here to help, not to spout off.
Hey, WTF- Murphy- you do it your way, it's your Model 12 (the one maybe you may well have bought on E-Bay for $500 a few years ago now) and I'll do it the both the WRA custom shop guys did back in the day- and also the way I was taught at USMC advanced Armorer's School in Quantico, VA-- slow and controlled heat input, and just as important, slow and controlled cooling or, air quenching if you prefer that term.

The fact that the original poster was strongly considering sending the forearm and barrel and magazine group (No Receiver) to me for my fitting up speaks volumes, at least to me, and the offer is still open should that gentleman wish to pursue that avenue of approach.

As far as abusive, you set the standard for that when you far abused your position as both a Lifer and a Time In Grade member of the Perpetual Goofballers Consternation Amalgamation and had me banned- petty and childish, IMO- and such acts by Plicks such as yourself cannot add to the increase in paid memberships such smallish and closed interest groups such as the afore-mentioned one need to grow and survive in a ever-growing anti-gun culture America is becoming today.

As an Life membership in your "Carriage Bolted DoubleGunGruppen" is $500- I'll wager you that sum in cash that
you can't get me banned from this Forumsite- Dave Weber is way too far a fair minded person to entertain such pettifoggin'- I'll ever double that to an even 1K if you can not only do that here, but also get me banned from the AH Fox Collectors, where I occasionally as a Forum only (at least for now) member, under the sobriquet of "Germantown"-- I say "for now" as I am considering becoming an annual paid member, so I can post AH Fox gun parts for sale, from time to time.

Whenever a member here posts a question about gun related items or machine shop/welding processes that I feel I am qualified to contribute, I will do so- and that most certainly includes some (but not all) pre-1964 Winchesters, mainly Model 12's and Model 70's= and not all (electric resistance production "spot welding" is NOT in my field of expertise)welding and basic welding related questions of metallurgy-- Your may be "De Kingfish" elsewhere, and I will grant that your long-time research and attention to detail regarding the "America's Finest Shotgun" has, no doubt, enhanced the aura of the Brothers Parker and their first-rate shotguns- but as far as your ability to tolerate others who may choose to disagree with you, there I shall find you lacking indeed, Sir!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..