Chuck I agree in general but numbers help a seller in the smaller gauges. If they made five to ten million 12 gauge doubles they made half a million combined small gauges so a built in rare factor makes them all slightly more desirable. Why else would you see Crescent .410 in beater shape going for a grand? Even in pristine shape that is a lot for a Crescent .410.

Looking at Gunbroker you have to think the market is soft for most doubles. Small bores do sell in number that seem equal to 12's which should suggest a higher interest in small bores. even the dead 16's sell well if a decent make of gun. And everyone knows that they do not even make shells for them anymore.

The 300% plus one year stock increase is a special case. I knew the CEO who ran the medical equipment start-up company. He ran it for seven years. Smart guy but not the right leader for that company. He got fired, stock was 5.90 a share. New leadership has turned the company around and the stock is just over $20.00 a share. After Dan left I bought more shares and held them until last week. Just like with guns you never make any real money until you sell them and pay your taxes in the case of stocks.