Originally Posted By: ben-t
Ozpa/Todd,

I am taking your last comments as though they were directed to me and to them I reply: look again at the news coverage displaying hundreds of armed police officers huddle behind car doors and trees as the students and faculty are murdered. Then ask the question, were any of them taking fire? Then asks your self, if my son or daughter was inside that building, what emotions should arise? Had you been there, what would have been your instincts even if you were unarmed? I stand by what I have said. Those who would disarm us use the fear emotion(of law abiding gun owners) to justify themselves. We are certainly more justified in our fear of insane criminals, complacent politicians and timid police officials.

They are adept at ignoring us now, but just wait till they get a chance to treat the otherwise law abiding as criminals because we own guns. Then you bet they'll spring into action!

Kurt

No, they weren't really directed at you. I meant no offense and agreed with you with the only difference of opinion being on the medical reporting to NICS.

I've actually been through some of the training given to the police on how to conduct a raid in the event of a school shooting situation. I'd guess that the proper procedure (this is a guess) is for those officers who first arrived to put together an entry team, perhaps 2 teams. The remaining officers would be maintaining the perimeter, ensuring nobody else went in, and anyone exiting would be accounted for, either as a victim or as the shooter.

I can't fully imagine what my emotions would be if my son were in there. I doubt anyone could. If I were in there I hope that I'd have the courage to do the most good possible, whether that was by attacking the shooter or assisting others in escape, as did the Holocaust survivor.

Todd

Youth is stolen by Wisdom.