The Chicago Police are no more capable of controlling criminal access to guns as they are to drugs or even alcohol during Prohibition.
Prohibition was one of the 1st general applications of the law of unintended consequences. The well meaning and generally Christian females(WCTU) who made up the core of this movement thought that if they could eliminate the source of drunkeness that all the social problems associated with it would go away.
When there is a high demand for a product such as alcohol and unfortunately drugs some entrapeneur will step in and meet this demand with a supply. The Primarily Italian Mafia, which was a minor criminal player, until prohibition took off like a rocket and met the demand. The vast majority of society still wanted alcohol and were willing to break the law to get it and did in numbers that can only be imagined.
This was probably the 1st instance of the bulk of the citizenry flaunting a law and I think this led to a disrespect for the law in general that exists today. It also was the springboard for large organized crime which still plagues us.
The gun grabbers some of which we are unfortunaely plagued with here won't be satisfied until every firearm in private hands is confiscated and destroyed.
We currently have 20,000 gun laws at the Federal and State level today NONE of which will in any way deter the gang bangers and dopers on the South Side of Chicago from possessing and illegally using guns.

As an additional point: I'm essentially through with responding to the Libtard gun grabbers here. It's a complete waste of time. I will continue to post information that I believe the majority of the membership here wants to see based upon thd PMs and emails I've received.
I've always had a hard time coping with stupidity and ignorance.

Last edited by italiansxs; 07/07/14 09:25 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.