I do feel that it is a little late to add to this posting my excuse is I have been on vacation and the Drew Hause posting of the George Earls pictures was more a shock than surprise, then while I was on vacation there was another shock with the same picture connection.
I was born and spent the years to my early twenties in the City of Liverpool and like a lot of young Brits visits to the local Public Houses (Bars) was a rite of passage and one of the more frequented was one named The Vines in Lime Street situated in Liverpool centre. Now in one of the rooms hung a couple of oil paintings featuring people dogs and luggage at stations, now as the nights liquor consumption progressed there where all sorts of contests like how many dogs besides English setters or pointers are there, added to how many gun cases there are and so on? Also why where there no black or golden Labrador retrievers in the pictures with the hardest thing of all how many lights are there at Perth Station questions to be answered after far too many rounds of drinks had been consumed. The next instalment to the picture story was while on vacation I decided to visit the Railway Museum in York and what should be hanging in one of the Museum exhibition rooms? George Earls pictures of Kings Cross Station and Perth Station those original pictures from the Vines Public house Liverpool each being rescued from the public house in 1990 before it was totally refurbished in each case it was like meeting two old friends.

Last edited by damascus; 08/19/14 12:17 PM.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!