Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
In answer to your two questions-----I prefer Full in the left barrel and Mod in the right barrel. Do I care? For my own guns yes I care. I care that some nit wit didn't get in there with a Roto-Rooter and change it from what it was when it left the factory.

+100.....

What really amazes me is how often this topic comes up........same b.s., over and over and over....every month or so it comes up again with the same responses over and over.........I can sure see how Poly Choke and Cutts Compensator sold all those barrel chop jobs in the 30's, 40's and 50's with the huge variation of opinions regarding choke.....what a SALES pitch they put on..........and people bought up that b.s. like liberals at a pay window.........

The fact is, choke doesn't have much to do with it if you have good eyesight and eye hand coordination IMO....one can adjust ammo now days to meet any need and to match any gun with specific reloading AND PROVE IT AT THE PATTERNING BOARD......i.e., payload, wads, charge, speeds, size, length, etc, etc, etc.......You can make any shotgun pattern as you wish with these variations if you are diligent and patient......BUT people are ALWAYS looking for that "silver bullet" thinking there is something that will magically turn them into Annie Oakley........sorry, but only practice will turn a shooter into a decent shot.......always been that way and it will never change........The Easterners grind out their barrels because they hunt grouse in small lot telephone booth areas with thick brush........The Westerners like full and modified because they can usually see the horizon and more often than not, hunt other birds more than grouse and never hunt in any telephone booth.........just the way it is.......

Others will argue of course, but like bald men who have been looking for something that grows hair since time began, shooting often and reloading with variation and patience will usually fill the "silver bullet" niche..........JMHO mileage will vary............

Doug