Originally Posted By: buzz
I don't get that part either.

Buzz, you keep saying over and over that YOU DON'T GET IT...........and by your response I would say that you don't get it....LOL.........question: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE STEEL ON ANY VINTAGE GUN BARREL WHEN YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH THE SAME RESULT WITHOUT BUTCHERING THE GUN, WHY....???????...I don't get that, makes absolutely NO sense at all..............

You mentioned earlier that the factory choke borings weren't all that good, even poor you said.....have you ever considered that you were shooting the wrong loads in those vingtage guns and that you were the problem, not the choke borings......????....

Grind up your new guns, you competition whooptie whoops and all your other stamped out newbees....but why butcher the old ones.........?

And I'm with Stan on the over-rated, over-priced Brit guns.....Italian, German, American, Japanese, French and some Spanish are much better IMHO......BTW, I wouldn't grind them up either....I learned a long time ago that one should match the ammo to the gun and the target, not the other way around............

Best,

Doug