Demonwolf. The gun is restocked the original was broken through the wrist this was done along with its restoration some fifty five years ago now, its restoration took some six years because it took that long for me to save the cash. You could even say the guns final restoration was the case I found on an auction site that was identical to its original which I restored this year.
The gun its self was purchased as a wall hanger in the 1960s and looked not much different than the fake Purdey in the picture but it did have all its parts and some life left in it.
Other than the action it was covered in a thick layer of rust the trigger guard was in three pieces so there was no original finish to be saved, and at the time I could not afford to pay for case colour restoration so the rust blue/black for the hammers and trigger guard etc. was the best compromise. All the work was undertaken by individual craftsmen most working in the Birmingham gun quarter around Price Street and Lover Loveday Street.
Besides being found just before it was scraped the gun has quite a remarkable history as well as starting life as one of a set of four.

Last edited by damascus; 10/22/14 10:45 AM.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!