A few thoughts on this new design.

I really like the departure from a top tang-mounted safety slide. I find the "island" look of the safety very attractive.

The shaping of the trigger guard is no accident, or afterthought. Viewing the profile, you can see the carryover of lines, complimenting each other. Look closely and you may notice that the forward curve of the bow blends perfectly with the lower rear curve of the receiver, and the rear curve of the guard perfectly matches the curve of the upper line of the rear of the receiver, and also that of the forward border of the wrist checkering. While I agree that the shape of the guard in and of itself is not attractive, there is method in the madness. It is part of a package.

They quit on the toplever too quickly. It stands out badly against a busy engraving pattern on the receiver. If it were mine I would definitely have it engraved in a complimentary style. Then, even though the shaping sucks, it would not be nearly so noticeable.

I wouldn't buy it, most likely, but not for design reasons only. I have no need, or use, for a 12 gauge gun with less than 30" barrels. If it had 32" barrels, and we're offered to me to use for a season, would I? You're mighty right I would. Even though it would be as out of place in Arkansas green timber, or a Jawjadawg peanut field, as a house cat at a dogfight.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.