Originally Posted By: Small Bore
Franc,
I'm awaitinga written response to my questions and said I would not go public until I had received it, so, I won't. however, you might find the recent article I wrote for gun Trade News interesting:

--- snip ---

This is going to sound harsh, but sometimes the truth is unpleasant.

It appears the English proof house is finally behaving more like a professional proof house and less like a trade barrier to the European gun makers (who can and do make a better product at a cheaper price).

Gentlemen, English proof has been bad joke for well over 100 years. The English proof houses have clearly been passing guns that were mechanically unacceptable under any professional manufacturing standard, including C.I.P.

What we are seeing here is what happens when a set of formal manufacturing standards is suddenly applied to makers who have been accustomed to doing whatever they pleased.

There are any number of people on this forum who will now play shoot-the-messenger. Feel free. Im not the one who popped your bubble that was C.I.P. and the people in England who finally decided that England would honor its commitment occasioned by their acceptance of C.I.P.