Originally Posted By: nialmac
Will it be possible for British gun owners to sell or ship guns to the USA? Avoid all that nonsense about proof. Who is to say that a gun is out of proof if it is shipped overseas? There can't be a requirement for every gun leaving the country to undergo reproof. Am I mistaken? This situation may have a silver lining for Americans.

Ship them over here. If I'm satisfied that the barrel wall thickness is appropriate from breech to muzzle I'll shoot it.

Another reason to get government out of as many facets of our lives as possible.

As for the new Spanish gun that passed proof and still blew a barrel - ask Takata about their airbags that have killed several people - airbags as mandated by government. I'll be 66 in 6 weeks and I have very many hundreds of thousands (if not over a million) miles of driving and have a history of spelunking, rock climbing, solo backpacking, SCUBA diving, skydiving, and I still fly airplanes for fun. Everything we do has risks - firearms blowing up are among the least of them. Get government out of my life and let me decide on the risks that I'll take.

Last edited by FlyChamps; 11/19/14 11:43 PM.