An anomaly seems to have cropped up with the Neidner Borchardt, I was making notes on some of the rifles from Michaels collection when I came to lot no 508. This is shown as a rifle built by Neidner and Stegall and is in .257 Roberts calibre. There is no mention of another that I can see today but I am certain there must have been another almost identical and that is the rifle built for Doc Baker, and that rifle was in .25 Krag. I am also certain that when the auction catalogue first came out the rifle in .25 Krag was shown and Doc Baker was mentioned as being the man it was made for, which sold for $3250 whereas lot 508 sold for $3737.50.

Now I know I'm old and probably getting senile and probably forgetful as well, but I corresponded with Michael re Doc Bakers rifle and he even sent me a photograph of a target he shot with it and the target is also marked .25 Krag.

Now the question arises, did Michael have two of these Niedner converted Borchardt's both with DST's and a manual cocking knob. I've certainly seen no mention of a 257 Roberts Borchardt by Michael and I have twice gone through the sales catalogue today without finding the 25 Krag.

Jo-Do can you help me out here please? Did Michael have two of these Neidner converted Borchardt's.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.