Originally Posted By: GLS
Fox, never heard from Pamela. Good to see it posted. Great looking photo. You look much younger than 70. Gil
Actually, I became 73 on Nov. 6th this year. Thanks for the kind words, my friend and your help. Real observant brother bird hunters may also note the bulge of a deceased pheasant (hen) in the back game pocket- on my left or "off-gun" side- same reason I keep fewer shells in the right hand (gun side) of my SC vest than on the left- and never more than 15 total in both pockets combined- to prevent drag on the coat-vest on my gun mounting side-

I can also shoot either the M12's or the LC Smiths that fit me best without any concerns about"cross-over" due to a dominant off side eye, which is critical to an avid shotgunner like me--

I just had an eye exam on Mon 15th-- distance vision is 20/15 right eye, 20/20 left with no glaucoma, pre-diabetic concerns, problems with peripheral vision or signs of color blindness- blessings indeed also that are, at least to me, priceless. At 73, I no longer stomp the grouse and woodcock coverts as I did at 37, preserve hunts and the Tower shoots are my "cup of tea" nowadays, plus both pass and decoy shooting on ducks and geese hereabouts.

My gunning heroes were/are the lates: Ray P. Holland, Burton L. Spiller, and of course, "De Shootin'ist Gent'man hisself, T.N. Buckingham. I can only guess at the devastation Nash must have felt when some of his keen eyesight fell to cataracts and the surgery required back in the 1960-1970 era required to remove that sight-robbing condition. So-- No Publisher's Clearing House prize patrols in the driveway yet, nor any Powerball winnings, but I cannot complain. I have enjoyed good health for all my adult life, and live for those "Grey November Days" as the late Gene Hill wrote it so eloquently- Merry Xmas to you and yours, Sir!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..