Originally Posted By: John Roberts
For what is approaching 40 years of buying probably way over 100 guns by mail, with few exceptions, I've had to pay shipping both ways, regardless of the reasons or issues. A whole lot of those were when shipping and insurance was $20-$25, no big deal. Now it runs twice that and more, so it hurts worse than it used to.

I learned way back to ask if the seller would sell AND ship the gun for X dollars, so you at least felt like he was paying for one way.
JR

While not ideal, i have simply accepted shipping costs on a failed deal is the price of the risk in doing long distance buying. Buying through shotgun news (when i was young) and now the internet has taught me that every purchase is a gamble in small part. I go into it eyes open knowing if i cannot accept the loss (costs) don't play

I realize that it is normal to want pure and honest, and pure and prefect performance by all in the transaction, but i am realistic people are human. I use my judgement.

I have paid the shipping on purchased then returned guns and simply accepted it. I have been burned twice in over 30 years of buying, i do not forget who did it, however to stay angry at them means i am in their power, and at this point God Bless them and beyond that i will not do business with them and i care less about them.

As painful and burned as you feel you have been, mark it to experience and move on. Don't forget the guy, but don't let thoughts of him dominate your day.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS