Buzz and I are pretty much doing the same thing. My dogs haven't suffered any foot swelling though.

I use the unvented Lewis boot. The vents are supposed to let the dirt out but they seem to let it in.

I hate the Lewis boots the least of any boots I have used.

The first time a dog walks with boots on it is usually pretty funny. My son had a French Brittany named Dubya that walked on his front paws for thirty seconds while kicking his back feet trying to get the boots to come off. Wish I had a video.

Ginger was sulked up as her color is hot pink but she had to wear orange because Walmart has been out of the pink.

Mel the Fabbri is not too shabby either. I really like the little Parker. It has a straight grip stock, 26" barrels, and weighs in at 5-3/4 pounds. Choked full and full. I shoot RSTs in it, 5/8oz of #9s. Fun gun. If you pluck the bird right after it is taken the feathers come right out. If you let the bird get cold it is another story. Joe does clean the birds while I de-boot, de-burr, feed and water the dogs at the end of the hunt. You would think he just completed the Seven Labors of Hercules they way he goes on about it.

Kid I assume there is a mold release agent on the boots when they are brand new. I wash them thoroughly in hot water with laundry detergent to get the presumed mold release agent off. The duct tape sticks to them much better. I think the Lewis Boot factory directions are intended to boost their sales because if you follow them you will lose the boots in no time.

Yep, Joe really suffered in Saturday's 80 degree heat. We were hunting shelter belts so he drove down the county road, parallel to us, in my air conditioned Expedition. He had hung a walky-talky around my neck and instructed me to notify him when the dogs go on point. Then he would walk the forty yards over to the dogs and instruct me to flush the birds.

Joe is right about one thing though, Buddy and Ginger deserve all of the credit for us not losing any birds. Three times they tracked wounded birds as far as 75 yards before finding, catching, and retrieving them. And Saturday, in the heat, we only lost one downed bird. As always, I invoke the Texas maxim on bragging, "If it's true it ain't bragging."

Joe thanks for posting those pictures. I sent them to him from my Iphone while I was driving back from the lease. He posted them before I got back to town. Technology continues to amaze me.

I am glad to be here.