I use Rem oil also and have been doing so for over 40 years. I am lucky in that my hands do not form rust which is caused by the salt in your system.

I do a lot of wood working and just recently there was an article about rust forming on metal surfaces. They cut pieces 2"x2" of both cast iron and A2 steel (air hardening tool steel) and covered the pieces with 19 different types of rust preventers, including paste wax and different fancy named oils. One set didn't have anything on them and the test was for 10 days. The put them in a freezer overnight. The untreated samples rusted immediately.
The best rust preventers were CRC Industrial 3-36, LPS 3, Moovit and WD-40.
They also did further testing to see if the top 6 rust preventers interfered with the finish on wood. None of the top 6 did as they were rubbed across wood and then applied oil and water based finishes over them without getting any discoloration.

The waxes, Johnson's Paste Wax, Renaisaance Wax, Camellia oil, Jojoba Oil were down near the bottom.
Same your money on Boeshield T9.

The CRC 336 sells for $6 for 11 ozs.

I forgot to add that after the 10 days the best rust preventers didn't have a trace of rust on either surfaces.

Last edited by JDW; 03/30/15 01:16 PM.

David