Ken: I have seen that gun on Nadeau's before, when I first started researching mine. It was the only firearms-related J. Forsyth listing Google could come up with, and probably still is. I was disappointed that the photos were too generic to be able to see much in the way of similarities between the two, and I would have liked to see the proof marks as well. The only thing that I thought might be a connection was the forend attachment, as both guns use the older-style wedge, although the area around the firing pins does look similar.
Ghostrider: After looking at your pics from 2 years back I do see some similarities although since each gun of this type and vintage was essentially hand-made there are notable differences too. The proof marks appear to be from the same time frame, and mine also has an "A.B" marked on one, but not both barrels. As yours is initialed next to the view marks, could "A.B" be a Birmingham Proof House inspector's initials?

Without any more concrete documentation I suppose all we can do at this point is to speculate. I think that an ironmoger selling a Birmingham-made gun while using a famous name to add to the cachet is most likely, but I would really like to find out who actually made the bloody thing! Not likely to happen, though.