Originally Posted By: Doublefan
....Tommy Thompson lost because he had to go to far right to win the primary. 2012, the Republicans formed a circular firing squad and went at each other....

I agree with a good amount of what you have to say Df. Take a look though, Thompson lost. Walker won, and also won the recall, not an easy thing to do. You say party in fighting did in Thompson, Walker beat an entire dnc to validate his overall policy.

By all ways of accounting, Walker had financially turned WI around by the time the recall came up. Every time a Republican tightens the belt, it's very easy for a lib dem to promise tons of entitlements to their base. I don't think you give him the credit he deserves for what he was able to do in the voting booth. He may not be the man, maybe not by a long shot, but he has a way better track record and resume than the others.

Not good enough though, I think he needs acting lessons. I hope by old school, you don't mean that you'll stay home in protest or vote third party. I wouldn't fear that we can't make things work, I'd wonder if someone who's antiWalker, just wouldn't even try to make things work.