Ted, there are a number of original Lefevers that have two different serial numbers on the barrels. The thinking is that the second non-matching serial number indicates that the gun was returned to the factory for additional work such as addition of automatic ejectors, replacing a damaged barrel, etc. This practice is estimated to have eaten up about 5000 serial numbers, but no one knows for certain.

I have never seen a Lefever with a screw right through the middle of the serial number on the trigger guard tang. And I agree with Bobby about the trigger plate screw. I would expect to see an engraved screw head on a C grade. The fine Damascus doesn't look as fine as that found on a lot of lower grade guns either, but I wouldn't go out on a limb and say they are not original to the gun. Same with the chokes, but most are choked quite a bit tighter. I did contact this seller about personally inspecting a gun a few years ago since she is less than two hours away from me, but I was told that was not possible. I note that the inspection/return policy is unspecified too, but before I bid on anything with a $6500.00 starting bid, I'd be asking lots of questions.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.