Lloyd,
I just installed a lefty safety in mine. I am guessing it is a factory safety, as it is a virtual mirror image of the factory righty, including the little circles machined in the face-it wouldn't have made sense for an aftermarket product to be identicle to the factory unit, and have that extra time and effort put into it.
But, I freely admit I don't know for sure. It appears to work well. I owned the gun most of 40 seasons before I found it.

I know a lefty safety for an Ithaca 37 doesn't work. I suppose one could be modified to work, but, I haven't done it. I simply switched safeties with a guy who bought a 17 only to discover his was a lefty safety.

The gun:

My first repeater, the gun that has trained bunches of gun safety students, and a few of their mother's, been lent out to lots of people when I was a guide, and the only gun I ever brought home twin limits of 5 ruffed grouse and 5 woodcock in a single day, with 10 rounds of ammunition. I've worn out two recoil pads on this old guy, and have never had a problem with it. A few seasons past I glass bedded the head of the stock, hoping to stabilize it for another half century or so.

Not for sale.

Best,
Ted