Originally Posted By: SKB
Originally Posted By: James M
Here is a copy of the email I sent to O'Reilly last night.
Jim

OReilly :
Once again you have demonstrated you are clueless when it comes to CURRENT firearms regulations. The truth is as far as you can get from your backdoor purchase no background check assertion you made on your program on July 22.
If someone buys a gun on Auction Arms, Gunbroker etc. the same regulations are in effect as buying a gun in a brick and mortar store or at a gun show.
If it is an interstate transaction it MUST go thru an FFL licensee who is required to have the buyer fill out a Form 4473 and go thru a background check just like a face to face transaction.
It would be in the interest of all concerned if you would correct this misleading information on your program.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

your statement is just as incorrect for the very same reason you said my statement was incorrect, due to varying state laws. I'm sure in your mind you are correct though. Many states do not require background checks at gunshows.

And you really believe I could have sent a comprehensive response to O'Reilly which I could have generated and O'Reilly would have understood it and issued a retraction ?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.