I applaud the efforts of the various southern Vintagers chapters to get this show better attended.
I have only attended once, when problems with renewing my US visa caused me to be unable to attend the VC, and I agree that it is a lovely venue: we had great weather and wonderful hospitality.
However, those attending as shooters must realise the significant contribution that the vendors make to the financial viability of the event. The cost of a double booth costs $1000 for the space alone and that subsidises a lot of shooting for Joe Public.
Shooters attending the shoot in good numbers is very important for the viability of the show but so is making it a worthwhile event for vendors in terms of sales.
Having a lovely time chatting with interested parties is great but without sales, the vendors will wither away and the show will slide into oblivion.
Sadly this show is very expensive and difficult for me to attend and I am unlikely to exhibit there any time soon but I wish you all a wonderful time, just remember to take some spare cash!
I will be attending the Dover Furnace event and look forward to seeing any of you who have the time and energy to make it up there.