Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Thank you, that would be fun I'm sure. The Ideals are the most intriguing of the French guns for me. Very exotic round-action with that way-cool release on the trigger guard. I'd love to know more about them.

Not trying to hijack, but I guess I am anyway.
Ideals are very interesting guns. They are a bit quirky though. Yea they're a trigger plate actions, but not like a Dickson or Macnaughton. They are striker fired, powered by large coil springs. The triggers on Ideals have a very unique feel to them. Sometimes they can be fairly heavy and spongy feeling. They definietly don't feel like your average sxs trigger. The other quirk is that most Ideals are balanced very weird. Especially if the gun has shorter barrels and then sling mechanism is intact in the stock. The balance point will be way behind the hinge pin making the gun difficult to shoot at fast moving game. They can be very "butt heavy" guns. The longer or heavier the barrels the better when it comes to Ideals. Other than these little oddities, they are cool guns. Ideals with ejectors are rarer that hens teeth. I've only see one in 15 years of shooting, buying and selling Ideals.
I'm sure Larry Brown will be along shortly to tell everyone about the safety.