I guess we will have to refer to King's alternate reality as the Kingiverse as it bears no resemblence to anything happening in the real world.

The worldview of the US has changed for sure, but it has not been for the better. We have by and large become a powerless laughingstock, having deserted our only true ally in the middle east, sacrificing them so that Obama and Kerry can have a legacy. The so-called deal with Iran is a joke and Iran is laughing the hardest. By abandoning Iraq we have allowed ISIS to rise unthreatened (remember JV team?). Putin has stuck his thumb in our eye, making incursions wherever he chooses, overflying our territory at will. The red line in Syria another joke our bacon "saved" by Putin in that case. Kerry is another bad joke, using Sweet Baby James to assuage the French's feelings when the Charlie Hebdo massacre was ignored and it goes on and on.

I am proud to be an American, but I certainly am not proud of our current status in the world and only hope it has not been too far debased to be salvaged.

Jim H.