Gunwolf,
I understood your intention, I just wanted to be sure no one thought all Hunold's were made by Merkel. BTW, with regard to the caliber being 6.5x53 R Romanien, the original caliber is clearly marked 6,2x48 which would be the 6.5x48R S&S cartridge. I understand your point, but I couldn't see a crown R proofmark. This would have been required for a properly proofed rechamber job, in my understanding. Aside from the fact that I'm opposed to most drilling rechamberings, this one may be especially troubling. The 6.5x48R is sometimes found with barrels smaller than the military 6.5 cartridges, sometimes as small as .260" groove diameter. Depending on neck/throat dimensions, this could be a dangerous condition, and could have led to damaging the forearm (not as likely as other causes).The bore diameter being shown as 6,2mm supports this. "What's done is done" and the drilling is likely still useable, as long as proper sized bullets are used. Handloads for 6.5x48R S&S (as well as 6.5x58R S&S)often use .257" bullets. Sometimes standard .265" 6.5mm bullets are sized to .260-.262"( depending on groove diameter) and used (best solution).
Mike