Our 1st segment of the GA dove season goes out today. Great shoots all three weekends.

We had a family shoot yesterday afternoon at our middle GA farm. Two of my four grandchildren were there and enjoyed catching big bluegills off the dock in my brother's fish pond. I had put together bamboo poles for Emory, 4 1/2 and Caroline, 3 1/2. The poles were suitable to their size and they enjoyed fishing a bunch, but not near as much as Grandfather did watching them.

Lunch was a monster low country boil which required Tums to relieve the heartburn all afternoon in the field, at least for me. I wish I were smart enough to take pictures of our dove shoot luncheons like others here do.

The shoot took place on a pasture we had harrowed and planted to wheat. GA regulations allow top sowing after certain dates up and down the State. September 15th was the date for our property and there was feed aplenty. Birds aplenty as well. My yellow lab Stella had a field day picking up everyone's birds, some of which she thoughtfully delivered to me...Geo

P.S.: Please see next post for my picture of lunch!

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 09/20/15 03:06 PM. Reason: stole a picture