A full week has passed and King still refuses to back-up the filthy lying statement he made about me referenced in the post above. So where is he... gazing lustfully at pictures of the CN Tower?

He has also gone on the offensive by making the erroneous and dishonest claim that all I have ever done for the cause of Gun Rights is to hold an NRA Benefactor Life Membership and make donations. Of course, many here will recall that I have explicitly told King what I have and have not done several times when I asked him what he ever did to advance or protect Gun Rights in Canada. He knows he is lying in order to denigrate me, but that's how Mr. Civility operates.

And I am not the only one to take notice of King's frequent denigration of our NRA... something he denies whenever craigd mentions it. I really don't think craig or Mike would lie for me just to make King look bad.

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
King, the NRA has been extraordinarily effective in promoting Second Amendment rights.

I give them much of the credit for getting the right case in front of SCOTUS that allowed that court to rule that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right.

They were able to get the government to eliminate the ban on "assault weapons".

The recent and rapid adoption of concealed-carry laws by dozens of states was much facilitated by the NRA.

Bloomberg and his allies created organizatons based on the NRA model, hoping to emulate the NRA's methods in their own anti-gun campaign.

You tell us the approval rating for the NRA is down, yet the percentage of Americans that think protecting gun rights is important has increased and the Second Amendment supporters are now in the majority. The percentage of those that think gun control is important declined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/us/gun-control-gun-rights-pew-survey.html

Your antipathy for the NRA must spring from your liberal mindset. It is not based on any objective judgement. The fact is that the NRA is highly effective and very successful in defending gun rights in the USA.

Are you a member of the NRA?

You should be.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.