Just bringing this thread back to the top. Our 1st phase dove season ended last weekend, and I got around to the early teal opportunity this morning. Season goes out tomorrow.

Comedy of errors. boat motor had been sitting up and was balky to start until I ran it out a while. The water was up a foot or two. Two piece galvanized pipe for the spinning wing was a little short and when I didn't push it in to the mud far enough in 9 feet of water it fell over and was lost. At least I had not put the mojo teal in it. Decoy lines were too short and decoys departed before daylight and had to be retrieved and placed in shallower water.

No Teal at all on my lake. A few woodies buzzed the decoys but aren't legal yet. I had one black bellied tree duck come by but let it pass as well.

On the way in I stopped the boat to try out my new electric motor I bought in June and hadn't used yet. First time I pulled the release cord the knot from the factory failed. I manually released the latch and put the motor over the front of the boat. It locked in place and i couldn't figure out how to manually release it without the cord. Just took it off the mount and put it in the bottom of the boat in order to load up.

I spent the afternoon putting everything right and now I'll be ready for the real duck season in November!...Geo