Sorry about that!! 16 gauge. I guess I was so proud of myself for finally moving into the 16 gauge crowd that I forgot to identify it!! I actually have two barrels with it, a 28" Modified and a 25"(?) inch Deerslayer barrel. I intend to use the Deerslayer barrel since I will be working the dogs. I have used a Deerslayer years ago in 12 gauge on quail with excellent results so I thought I would try this 16 in the same way. I will either use 1 ounce of 5's or 6's or a combination of the two at about 1250 fps. I bought a flat from Cabela's and thought I would start (the patterning) with them. Then I will try Golden Pheasant in the same load and see if I can detect any difference in the plated shot. Hey, I know it works on quail, but if I can't drop the pheasants I shoot at I will try something else. It will be my first time using a pump for phez and only the second time using 16 gauge on anything. My normal choice is a 2/75 inch 20 gauge Citori Upland Special so I so have other options. Hey, it's all about the fun of being there anyway. Of course, I do enjoy dropping one every now and then!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member