Thanks, Miller,

You are of course quite correct about the nominal bore dia. for the 11ga. That's basically what Baker played with. I should have been more pacific. Ha!

Also agree w/your assessment on the extra long forcing cones.
_ _ _

.410's are fun for shots inside 25~28 yards, provided you hit the target. Witnessed a number of pheasant taken over dogs a few years back by a young man of eleven shooting a 000 framed Parker .410 that was ordered by a friend's grandfather for his dad to learn to shoot with. 3" #6's in 2.5" chambers, FWIW. No one had ever given it a thot, JIC anyone here might ask. I've shot a few dove at stupid ranges w/a full choked model 42 and some other .410's, but I've patterned them as well and know what luck is. Perfect .410 scores at NSSA shoots could be counted on one hand in the early 60's, but they didn't have tubes or one piece plastic wads. Charlie Polton(sp?)was shooting basically 3/8oz. paper.410 loads when he set his skeet records. The ammo was mislabeled in them days.

edit: I think there were actually six perfect NSSA .410 scores on the books in 1960 or 1961, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by tw; 10/11/15 12:33 AM.