I have a fox 16 that I chamber sleeved to 20. Two paper shells were stored in the gun for three or four decades. Moisture caused them to swell and the chambers were deeply pitted to the point the barrels were ruined unless the chamber could be sleeved. I cleaned out all the pitting and was going to just sleeve it back to 16 but decided to go down to 20 for extra metal. Ok I also wanted those 30" full choke barrels. You get a hybrid. The gun is heavier than a real 30" 20 would be but those over size bore throw very nice patterns.

Briley does chamber sleeeving. But you don't get a gun that is either like one or the other gauge. Think of it this way. If you sleeve a heavy ten into a 12 you get a heavy 12. I tire of lugging ten pound guns fairly quickly. Now if your 16 is too light would it be better as a 20? Easy way to find out is shoot it with a pair of Browning 16/20 chamber inserts before converting it permanently. If you like it proceeds, if not you are only out 30-40 dollars and your gun is still original.