I wish to discuss the possible ramifications of drillings set up with only two springs. (my favorite drilling has three--after discharging with both triggers, just switch to the third barrel and it will fire as well without recocking) On the drilling I own with two springs, you can fire any combination that you have set, but ONLY TWO SHOTS! Then, in order to fire the third, the gun must be opened to recock...disconcerting. It occurs to me that this might explain why some drillings are regulated for slugs in the right barrel, and some for the left, although any custom order was always possible. If a drilling could only fire twice without recocking, would it make more sense for the left barrel to fire the slug so that no time would be wasted in firing the rifle then the slug. If the right barrel was regulated for the slug, then after shooting the rifle, the switch would have to be made before the right shotgun could be fired, resulting in a slight delay and interruption of concentration. Any thought? Steve