a downhand 6011 type weld pass, with the SMAW, not TIG- wow- turned that old fluesie into a real POS.It doesnt bother me that Dewey has a negative approach to Elsies- I love mine like I do my children and grandchildren- But Dewey is a real gentleman, unlike many of the "carriage bolt oriented azzholers" who patrol these hallowed halls of doublegundumb-- 5 summers ago, Mavis and I, both History buffs, were en route to Williamsburg VA, and AA routed us through Gettysburg PA on our way down. At that time, Dewey was in Liditz, home of the Victor animal trap Co., and that was just a jog out of our way. He was most gracious in extending an invite to stop and visit and see his shop. Time, weather and car problems didn't allow that to happen, unfortunately, but I will always remember his kindness in extending an invite to someone he had not yet met, but shared with some interests (machine shop, welding, and double guns)held in common. Glad you are back in the "gun game" Dewey- good on you!! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..