I don't have much experience with LC Smith guns I've owned about 5 and still have 2. I disassembled an old 20 ga a friend was going to through out and discovered it was my brother's gun he had loaned someone for a USO show in the 60's and never got back.
Regarding Dewey's comments on the inside of the two I have had open, he is right on about the gun's design and manufacture.
I find I can shoot my "NO Grade Custom Order" 12ga at trap and break as many as I can concentrate on. The gun shoots very good patterns and is now 102 years old. It is deadly on doves.
All of this calls to mind a conversation I had many years ago with an Olympic shooter and a Hammerli rep. He asked the man the life span of the gun in rounds fired. The Hammerli guy looked at him like he had a 3rd eye. Joe went on to ask him if it fired the typical 60 rounds a week in the European shooters regimen,how long would it last? Then he pulled out a Hammerli with a mushroomed bolt. Joe commented that would not happen to a Smith 41 in a million rounds.
I got an earful about American guns being made as tools to never see the inside of a repair facility while the English might fire 10,000 rounds in the "season", they went back to the gunmaker every year for renewal.
This is not as true today as it was 100 years ago but we have to realize that the shooting level of the general populace was very high then. Then, shooting match reports were a feature of the front pages of many urban newspapers and most everyone could tell you about Capt. Bogardus and Annie Oakley.
The guns of the day were made as well as they could make them and
sell them at a profit. Same as today.
I like the Parker guns but I shoot the Lefever or LC Smith better.
Just my $0.02.

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing