Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: buzz
Dewey; As an expert gunsmith, would you make critical comment re the Winchester Model 21, the good and the bad? I would appreciate hearing your opinion. Thanks, Buzz

I doubt you will like it, but, it is honest as the day is long. You can learn a lot from the guy who has to fix 'em, if you are willing to shut up and listen.
Most guys aren't.
Best,
Ted

If "we are willing to shut up and listen" will you regale us with your wife's opinion of the Model 21?
Why so nasty Ted?

My wife doesn't know anything about model 21s. If she did, I'd put her on and let her tell you, herself. Then, you would say she didn't know what she was talking about.

Which, is exactly what has happened to Dewey, right here, when he has done the same thing, in the past.

I know Dewey's opinion of both the model 21, and the LC Smith. We have talked at length about those, and other designs. I agree with him on many things, but, our interests are different enough that it isn't 100% agreement. His standards are higher, no question about that. If I was going to venture outside of my comfort zone on a different type of gun, I'd definitely listen to what Dewey had to say before I parted with cash. He has very good reasons for his opinions about various guns. Like many things in life, it isn't "this is the best one of all" type of deal, there are compromises, design flaws, workable shortcomings, and, out and out crap.

A lot of other guys, many of them right here, have an opinion, but not with that level of thought, or scope. They don't fix them, or make them pretty and better functioning, after all. Dewey does.

My comment was a generality, aimed at no one in particular. Remember the lyric "All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"?My favorite Simon and Garfinkel song- "The Boxer"!!

Never more apparent than on a hobbiest board, on the net.

Best,
Ted

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..