We're putting Dewey "through the paces" with all these questions, but I have so many, and it's so rare to be able to get opinions developed through long experience fixing these guns.

If we've not worn our welcome too thin, Dewey, I have a question about your opinion concerning the failure rates of V springs compared to coils. Most today assume that coils are superior, due to their ease of manufacture and their so-called ability to continue to function even after breakage. Perazzi guns continue to use V- springs in their locks, and get hammered for it by K gun shooters. I'd be interested in your opinion of that.

Kim Rhode, Olympic shotgun medalist who has shot Perazzis for over 16 years, stated that in shooting 500-1000 rounds a day for 16 years she has never had a malfunction in practice or in competition. I have never had a breakage in the two I have owned. My idea, and it's only an idea, is that the life of a V spring is much more highly dependent on the quality of the spring than with a coil spring. Said differently, it's enormously easier to produce a quality coil spring than a quality V spring. Am I all wet?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.