Some years back I bought a Lefever H grade with twist barrels as a "Parts" gun. According to the seller it was all there but didn't work, price was extremely low. When I picked it up he stated he had "Fixed" it & it would now work. guess that depends on one definition of "Fixed". Problem had been the trigger plate screw had been replaced with a Too Long screw. This screw projected up inside the frame & prevented the cocking hook from seating so the gun would not bolt up. He had fixed it by backing out the ball hinge screw until the end of the barrels would tip over enough for the bolt to engage. One barrel had a crack in it & the stock was busted. Showed a lot of use & a good bit of abuse. With the trigger plate screw shortened so the cocking hook would seat & the hinge screw re-adjusted it locked up real tight though there was bolt wear which allowed the lever to go left I actually then tried t with the ball hinge completely removed with just the doll's head & bolt securing the barrels & it still bolted up tight.
It is hard to convince me that a well fitted doll's head is a useless adornment & especially this square shouldered one of Lefever's design. Still haven't needed a part off of this one though, nothing has broken on my others.
Viva Lefever

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra