I've gotten close a couple of times with a 28 gauge. Once after missing the first bird of the day twice I killed the next eight birds with eight shells. Year before last I was using a different 28 gauge gun and with seven birds in my bag and seven empty shells in my pocket my heart was about to jump out of my chest. At the same time I had a feeling that I couldn't miss and of course when the next bird flushed the real shooter came out in me and I missed. It wasn't one of those cases where the gun was moving in one direction and as the trigger was pulled the bird did the zigzag move, it was just a missed shot. After that monkey was off my back I killed my last bird with the next shot. I forget what year I first shot snipe with a four-ten, I think it was 2006. I do know on that first day I brought home forty-two empty hulls. It was humbling. By the fourth or fifth time it wasn't quite as embarrassing. I'm thinking fourteen shells is as well as I have done with that gun on its and my best day. I did start one day off going five for four but that was with a 20 gauge gun. Since I'm already bragging, I will tell of what I consider my greatest shooting feat and without any embellishment. My old rainy day gun was a single-shot Boito four-ten hammer gun that was handed down. It weighs next to nothing, has a short barrel, and probably balances 3"-4" behind the trigger guard. I actually managed to bag five snipe in the pouring rain one day and did not use my entire box of shells. To me that is worth bragging about.