Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
I peraonally think this thread should be taken as NEW guns under $2,000 or at least guns that would have been under $2,000 in todays dollars.

Discussing used guns in pointless since there are examples of just about any that can be found for under $2,000.

Take a Lefever nitro special or a Stevens 311. They would have been well under $2,000 in todays dollars if they were still being made.

I am sure a Parker Trojan, Fox SW and Ithaca Fields and similar guns would also be under $2,000 in todays money too. Maybe not.

I don't think there is a ghost of a chance that ANY of the guns you mentioned would be under 2K, if they were produced today-unless they were produced in China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, or, some other third world hell-hole.

The Muslim guns from Turkey that all these guys are crowing about are more than 2K, and they sure don't support an American middle class lifestyle for the builders, rest assured about that.

A Nitro Special, produced in the USA today, with a case colored finish, real rust bluing, a real walnut stock, and two triggers would sure as hell NOT be under 3K, if built here.

Sometimes reality sucks, but, it is still reality. Ask Ruger how easy it was to build a farmers grade SxS.

Best,
Ted