Originally Posted By: buzz
"Why not just order what you want from CSMC?" Personally, I don't think the CSMC replicas will ever attain anywhere near the collector value of an original Winchester Model 21. I would never consider a CSMC replica as an investment grade gun. Only if I could buy one for a MUCH cheaper price than an original, would I ever consider one. However, that is unlikely because CSMC has priced their replicas in the stratosphere.

I've heard this crap 'ad nauseam'.
The Model 21 being currently produced by CSMC is as much if not more a Winchester Model 21 than a C7 Corvette is a replica!
Whose discussing investments?
If you consider everything in life that you purchase an 'investment', so be it, but I purchase what I want in life and use it.
I'm fed up with 'experts', 'collectors' and whatever, pronouncing that it ain't a collectable or worth what I paid for it!
I drive new Porsche's because they are so much better than older models, that there is not even any comparison possible!
CSMC Model 21's are as good if not better than any Winchster Model 21 ever made.
The only area for discussion is engravers because certain engraver's have passed but there are new engraver's just as talented to be had.
And you can get a 'Baby' frame Model 21 in a weight suitable for a light upland gun, that Winchester never made.
I'll put my CSMC 'Baby Frame' 28 gauge Grand American up against ANY Winchester Model 21 ever made.
The price when compared to any bespoke gun anywhere in the world today is actually comparable and in a few cases actually looks reasonable.
So when someone mentions CSMC and Winchester Model 21, let's lose this attitude!
So if you want what you want, order a CSMC.
If you want what the 'experts; will tell you to want, find a Winchester Model 21 that is just right for you.-
Richard
BTW I have a CSMC bespoke Fox 16 gauge DE Special that's better made and engraved than ANY Fox DE I have ever had in my hands.