New Year's Eve morning on the L 'Anguille River near Caldwell, AR. Grandson Jackson (of dove shooting fame wink ) and I after his first foray into the waters of the L 'Anguille after mallards. He was shooting a 390 Beretta, I was using my 32" Super Fox with #4 HeviShot Classic Doubles loads. They work really good over dekes, I went 4 for 4 that morning with it.

Next morning, New Year's Day, we waded into a flooded milo field and threw out a couple dozen dekes, then backed into the edge of the timber. Jackson with a handful. He was shooting the 390 with RIO Blue Steel #4s. I was using my old 30" BSS with #4 RIOs in the right and #2s in the left. Yes, it's unloaded and No, it's not pointing at his head.

Yesterday morning was slower, four of us only managed to fool 5 into range and killed them all. Here's the floating blind's kitchen.

Part of the shooting area.

And a view from a shooting hole of the layout and hole, looking north.

Best part was that I got to spend three days and nights with my oldest grandson. What a blessing that was to me. I'm very thankful. I apologize if my post is too lengthy.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/03/16 04:44 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.