Originally Posted By: keith
Jim, I'm certain that's exactly why canvasback posted the link to the website in his original post in this thread:

http://www.idontcarryaknife.org/knife-crime/what-do-i-do

You are quite correct that many gun owners are complacent and also feel that if we give the anti-gunners our black rifles or high capacity magazines, they will go away and not bother our doubles and conventional rifles. But we've seen time and time again that if we give an inch, they will take a mile.

Hoot4570 is very fortunate that nobody turned him in for simply possessing a pocket knife on his trips to Great Britain. The penalty could have been 4 years in prison and a fine of 5000 pounds.

This is where we are headed if we simply sit back and do nothing and say nothing. But just two years ago, we stuck together and made our voices heard. We called our representatives and record numbers of new members joined the NRA. We got the attention of Congress and the Senate and gave Obama his most stinging defeat.

We can rest on our laurels and lose, or we can make our voices heard again. The anti-gun trolls will always be with us. Best thing we can do is to out them every chance we get. The thing they hate the most is their own words. That is why they are so happy that Misfires has been sequestered. Next is making it known how much they cry to Dave for censorship to protect their anti-gun heroes.

Keith, up here in Canada I am a member of a gun site called gunnutz. It currently has about 150,000 members so on a per capita basis, an American site would need about 1,500,000 to compare. It caters to all types of gun owners, and all types of guns (except full auto).

They have and use a name for the kind of gun owner you are referring to. FUDDS. As in Elmer Fudd. As in can't see the obvious even though it is directly in front of you. As in willing to throw others under the bus as long as "they" leave his hunting long guns alone. Doesn't understand that he will just be the last targeted....shortsighted enough to believe he is not targeted. But as the knife website and attached blather makes clear, there is no end to the need to control by the left. Or the stupidity.

Gunnutz has whole sections devoted to gun politics and it was a central clearing house and distribution point for the fight against the long gun registry as well as supporting gun friendly politicians. It does all this with little discord among the members because a) it's moderated and b) the membership regularly call out Fudds and PROVIDE THE SPECIFIC INFORMATION THAT ALLOWS A FUDD TO BE INFORMED ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS CHOICES. Instead of supporting the hiding of that information.

This site, IMHO, is infested with FUDDS. They may know a lot about their doubles, they may even know a lot about the larger world outside doubles. But they don't understand the left and they are prepared to kick others under the bus with the vain hope they will be spared.

Now this site is privately owned. And it behooves us to behave in a way that makes the ownership (Dave) happy....or at least headache free. And I don't like to give headaches to Dave so I try to fly under the radar so to speak on this subject and make my points quietly so as not to stir up the Fudds too much and cause Dave headaches. Hoping, perhaps vainly, that the issues will become clearer for them with a few pertinent examples from GB or Canada that can be harbingers for thinking people. When someone like eightbore thinks the problem is that our leftists are somehow worse than his leftists, well....you can't fix stupid. Especially when he chooses to double down on it.

My apologies to Dave. I hoped this thread would be taken with a bit of good humour at the ridiculousness of the anti knife site while at the same time providing a discreet warning. Instead, it stirred up some sort of misplaced national pride regarding whose idiots are stupider.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/04/16 10:12 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia