Originally Posted By: craigd
Cback, you reminded me of a paddling trip back when I was young-n-dumb. A buddy and I went poking around Lake Superiors' Isle Royale in a canoe on a 'fishing' trip. We were waaay overloaded, may have have had a bit to do with the couple cases of beer on top of a bunch of unnecessary junk. The water was pool table smooth, so we were cutting across mile plus bay mouths to make time. Glad I was there, but some of the stuff we really shouldn't get away with.

Craig, having spent time paddling on Lake Superior and Lake Winnipeg and Lake Manitoba, nothing is scarier to me than being on those big lakes in a canoe. The conditions can change in an instant and canoes are made for rivers and small lakes. Those pool table top days can really lead you into danger without noticing it. And that damn Superior is always waayyyy too cold. Even at the start of August. Spent a good numbers of days windbound and happy not to be on the water.

I love boats and water but I have zero intention of it being where I die.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/06/16 04:38 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia