Originally Posted By: GLS
Decades ago I developed a flinch shooting 7mm TCU out of a 10" barrel Thompson Contender in IHMSA competition. A buddy helped me lose it with less than 50K rounds. wink. Using a .22 barrel, he would load the gun out of my sight. Randomly, he wouldn't load it. I never knew if it was loaded or not when I shot practice rounds with Russ. When I tamed the flinch with the .22 we went to the competition rounds and repeated. The same procedure would work with a shotgun. Ever see a man with a shotgun flinch pull the trigger on an unexpected empty chamber? smile Gil

I was shooting IHMSA competition probably about the same time, Gil. A doctor in Aiken, SC had a range where we competed once a month, Dr. Allen Kirschner. I, too, shot a T/C Contender, but in .30-30 Win.. Ed Bradley, from Savannah, used to be there every month. i really enjoyed it, for a time. But, I decided to get serious about it and practiced hard at home one month. The next month I shot a score that was two classes above my class and was disqualified. That was it for me. I never went back. It stuck in my craw that a man would be penalized for improving too much.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.